miércoles, diciembre 09, 2009

Elsewhere

THE WORD
Wanderer: this word, in english, implies travel, voyage, trip. I may be wrong but in german Wanderer implies not only the same as in english, but a spiritual travel. The Wanderer goes from A to B (or C, or M or Y) without any previous notion, without a plan; that is fundamental for the real Wanderer: the absence of a plan and in that pointless roam, one can find his way.

THE REFERENCE
Franz Kafka
wrote a brief story (just a few paragraphs) that contains in it's core, the essence of the Wanderung. The story is called "The Departure". He doesn't need words and words or ideas after ideas to establish what a real wandering is; just as we don't need to leave our bed to experience that, maybe waking up one morning discovering that we are an omninous giant bug.


THE PLOT
It's simple
: a man prepare his horse to take a ride. His servant ask him where he is going to. "I don't know -answer the man- i just have to get out of here". That's the only way i can reach my goal". "So, you have a goal" -said the servant-. "Yes, i've already told you my goal; get out of here, that's my goal". The begining is the ending, getting out is getting in. The voyage from A to A.

THE IMAGE

The painting
was created by mexican painter Alfredo Castañeda. It's entitled: "What's the matter with you, treasure seeker". There lies the spiritual wanderer, in his bed. Is he dreaming? Is he awake but the reality is more playful than we ever think of? Do we have to travel miles and miles to find our place in the world? Or simply look deep inside, no matter where we are. Do we need to find that place?. Is there a place for us to find?
Many of the romantic german writers end their wandering badly, ill, sick, tired.
THE PUNCHLINE
I am not an english nor german speaker so it may be possible that the things written in this casual digression, are nothing but nonsense.


15 comentarios:

  1. hello, hello, hello.

    im sorry, i just read your comments.
    ive been busy.
    thanks for your explanation, i get it.

    yes, the bird's eye is my eye.
    im not feeling OK.
    forget it.
    im talking about my silly blog.
    i wish i could turn back time.

    i want to draw something later.
    about the blue sky.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. im sorry, i meant to say about the blue sky and my feeling.

    ps: the painting is ok.

    and here's for you to think:
    "What's the matter with you, treasure seeker"
    i have no idea, Sir.
    i was just seeking for my other eye.
    this reality is just an illusion, so wake up!
    or keep dreaming.
    But still i need both my eyes.


    See you.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. ok im here, sorry.
    im not going to delete my blog.
    or at least not for now.

    someone is STALKING my blog.
    i just know, i can feel it, and i know i am right.
    im NOT stupid, i can see it through people's comments.
    and it really PISSES me off.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. no, you are not saying stupid things.
    im just...
    sighs.
    yesterday i wasnt feeling OK about this stalking thing.
    i wanted to post on my blog something like this:

    "HELLO PEOPLE, YES THATS RIGHT IM NOT AN ARTIST, ARE YOU HAPPY? I DONT POST THINGS ON MY BLOG FOR ANYONE'S BENEFIT BUT MY OWN. IM REALLY SICK OF YOU STALKING MY BLOG. WHY DONT YOU JUST GET YOUR OWN LIFE AND STOP PRETENDING, COPYCATTING AND STALKING."

    What do you think?
    sorry if this is bothering you.
    and i didnt mean to write this stupid comment on your blog considering you were talking about Franz Kafka.

    Please dont be angry.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. My eyes, yes.
    they say so much, my eyes.
    especially things from the past.
    changing things, moving things, static, interior, irremovable part, as you say.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. yes.
    you are right.
    absolutely right.
    thank you.
    sometimes i feel like... i mean...
    what does this person want, really? could you get the hell out of my life? my life is NOTHING, you see? i believe you could draw or paint or create something or WHATEVER better THAN me, so what do you want?

    ResponderEliminar
  7. i know.
    i know - i know - i know.
    im doing it again.
    saying stupid things on your dear blog below the Franz Kafka, lol :D

    ha ha...

    ResponderEliminar
  8. thank you, by the way.
    for everything.
    just finished my drawing about the blue sky.
    actually i wanted to draw this like months ago, i just didnt have the time and wasnt in the mood.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. i hope you will also write in english for the next post, ok?
    but if you prefer writing in spanish, thats ok, maybe i'll ask some more.

    see you.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. i know that song, it appeared on the album La Maison de Mon Rêve. Im not a fan of CocoRosie but the song is ok though. I know CocoRosie from a dearest friend.
    Are you a fan of CocoRosie?

    ResponderEliminar
  11. i dont know if im sad or feeling blue...
    maybe i am.
    but i am in love with my sadness, like i say :D

    sometimes i dont understand people.
    what do they want from me?
    (I'm not talking about the stalking thing here. I'm so over it. Do whatever you want to do, i dont bloody care. I'm tired.)

    Well, forget about him, her, him, her, him, her, him, her, etc etc etc.

    Some of them want to be my friend just to hurt me, i dont know why.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Sigur Rós is one my fave music.
    They are brilliant. I like ethereal and haunting melodies :))

    Me too, right now i prefer to be by myself, with my work (the illustration stuff) and some good music. Im focused on myself, having a cup of coffee or two, searching for some great inspiration and brilliant idea for my current work, etc etc etc, that's better, dont you think?

    ps: forget my previous comment about people. If they like me for who i am what i am they'll stay, if they dont they wont. Thats the life, deal with it. They know nothing about my past, they're just judging me.

    ResponderEliminar